For many companies, the continuous optimisation of production processes is crucial in securing the quality of their products and, ultimately, in ensuring the success of their business. .
As a central communications platform for Industry 4.0 / IoT projects, the OPC Router offers automated data exchange by integrating all systems and isolated solutions across the business. The collected data can be used for data transfers, analysis, reports and for executing powerful workflows to increase efficiency and quality, while lowering production costs.
Its simplicity requires no IT skills or expertise, enabling efficient time-to-market implementation of the solution, resulting in cost savings from the software development phase of the overall project.
We would be happy to support you while trying out our demo!
What is OPC Router?
The OPC Router enables you to optimise and digitalise your production processes. By recording your process data you have a continuous overview of the current production. In addition, you are completely independent and create new projects yourself.
OPC Router works like a universal coordinator, enabling all systems and protocols to communicate, whether these are PLCs (programmable logic controllers), PCS (process control systems), SCADA, MES, MS SQL Server, other relational and non-relational databases, label printers, email servers, ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), or different cloud applications.
- Latest middleware standard interfaces for data exchange across all automation levels
- Incident-controlled connectivity between the automated systems
- Individual connections and transfers are created via user-friendly graphical configuration
- Implementation of various connection types using powerful modular plugins
Plug-Ins - Modular Industry 4.0 system integration
Connections between and to the various systems are implemented using plugins. The OPC router server licence applies for as many data points and connections as required. For special requirements the OPC router can be designed with a modular format. Only plugins that you would like to apply for your use case have to be licensed.
Realise projects for automation and data exchange step by step without programming to modernise your production processes.
Further information about all Plug-Ins, click here
OPC to SQL – data exchange with SQL-databases
Databases are an important source and target for data at the various production levels. Production processes must be provided with ordering information, recipes or machine data. Large amounts of data are generated and must be stored. All this is an aspect of IoT (Internet of Things) and Industry 4.0.
The OPC Router is a middle-software, that connects databases and different sources and thus drives the idea of IoT and Industry 4.0.
Easy implementation and administration maximize remote data access while keeping operating costs low.
- The OPC Router offers an easy and secure way to access data
- Independent of the database provider: MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, ODBC,…
- Integration- and ETL-tools for all systems and isolated applications
- Setting up machine-to-machine applications
For more information about the SQL plug-in, click here
OPC UA – the communication-standard of industry 4.0
What is OPC UA? OPC UA is a platform-independent option for communication between different devices. It is used in all automation levels and enables the connection between a variety of systems. OPC UA is therefore treated as one of the most important IoT / Industry 4.0-protocols. The OPC Router operates as OPC client software for OPC DA and OPC UA
- With the OPC plug-in, you can read and write data points from OPC servers, ideal for industrial data acquisition from any PLC or other device
- Full performance for your secure communication
- Transfers are triggered cyclically when data changes occur, per bit, counter or limit value is exceeded. Bit feedback in case of successful or faulty transfer
- The OPC router can serve as a data logger machine-to-machine gateway, IoT-driver or gateway between PLC and other systems, such as ERP, database or e-mail
For more information about the OPC UA plug-in,, click here
Coupling production and SAP®-systems
With the SAP®-plug-in you can easily connect SAP®-systems (as of R/3 4.5)
- Communication takes place on the SAP®-side via standard interfaces or individually created BAPIs, RFCs or IDocs
- No programming skills are required, the connection is created conveniently via the graphical configuration
- Link PLC, MES or other systems directly to SAP and save time by avoiding manual data transfer
For more information about the SAP® plug-in, click here
Simply connect your systems to MQTT
The MQTT protocol is a widely used protocol in the IoT-world and the MQTT Client Plug-in allows non MQTT enabled devices to communicate data with the IoT and Cloud.
MQTT works according to the publisher/subscriber principle and operates via a central broker.
- With OPC Router as MQTT subscriber you can use data from MQTT Publisher and pass it on to any system via the other plug-ins (OPC UA, SAP, SQL Databases, Email, REST, etc.)
- As a MQTT publisher the OPC Router can send data from non-MQTT-enabled sources to a broker to provide any MQTT subscriber with data.
- With the OPC Router as MQTT Client you send or receive valuable data to/from MQTT capable systems.
For more information about MQTT plug-in, click here
Live diagnosis in the OPC Router
Seamless control of the entire data value chain, enabling easy debugging, finding and resolving issues live while integrating all systems and business processes.
- Live view (visualization) of transmitted data
- Data transfers can be controlled live and historically
- Diagnostic messages from transfer objects are displayed directly on the object
Plug-in for automatic e-mail dispatch
Email is still the easiest and fastest way to distribute information to users and integrate it into their normal workflows. With the OPC Router you can create e-mails to any triggers in your system and fill them dynamically with data from different sources.
- Fault messages, consumption values, production figures and other values from your production are provided in real time
- Use the SMTP protocol to send e-mails
- Free definition of e-mail texts with variable fields, filled with information from other data-sources such as PLC (via OPC), databases, ERP / MES systems, …
- Different types of triggers are sent in emails to control time and conditions
The graphic label designer
Creating labels with text, barcode, images or graphic elements is very easy with the OPC Router Onboard Label Designer. The variables are occupied at runtime in OPC Router when label printing is triggered. Supported printer types:
- Windows printer
- Zebra (ZPL)
- Domino (A-line, A-line plus with CODENET)
- Generic (freely definable TCP-protocol)
The marking of products is an important task in the production shift. Products, marked with false information, are often rejects and therefore very expensive. The direct provision of information from production databases for printers with the OPC Router instead of manual setup can avoid loss of time and money.
Excel users implement complex process knowledge in data tables and perform variety of calculations with the contained data. Using the Excel Plug-In, the production systems network utilizes machine data acquisition and process information making it useful for the whole business enterprise.