As you will be aware, events relating to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) are changing on a daily basis. MAC Solutions is paying close attention and taking all necessary measures in line with UK Government guidance. Employees, customers and suppliers located in other countries must refer to Government advice from your country of residence.
We take the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers and suppliers very seriously, and in particular are adhering to advice from the Government and medical experts on contact and cleaning regimes. We have increased our cleaning activities and are paying particular attention to areas of contact. We encourage the use of personal sanitising hand gel, which unfortunately cannot be provided by the company due to the restrictions placed on bulk purchasing of this product.
In addition, despite remaining a friendly and welcoming company, we are requesting that handshakes and other physical contact on greeting should be avoided for the time being.
Business Continuity Policy
MAC Solutions has developed a Business Continuity Policy (BCP) intended to:
- Protect the welfare of our employees, customers and suppliers,
- Ensure the business continues to operate effectively,
- Minimise the spread of the virus,
Therefore, if you have returned from Italy, Thailand, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan,Singapore, Malaysia, Macau, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos or Myanmar in the last 14 days and display any symptoms consistent with flu, fever, dry cough, sneezing or difficulty inbreathing, we request that you do not visit MAC Solutions offices, customers, suppliers and events.
In addition if you have visited any of the Wuhan and Hubei districts of China, Daegu and Cheongdo in the Republic of Korea, Iran or any country under containment, regardless of any symptoms, we request that you conform to current Government advice to self-isolate and not attend MAC Solutions offices or events.
Clearly the specific advice we are referencing here may change so we ask all colleagues to ensure they keep up to date on advice from the Government and we will also update our procedures as appropriate.
If you start to feel unwell when attending one of our offices or events and believe you may have been exposed to the virus, please move to an isolated area at least two metres away from other people and notify your host who will endeavour to find you a room. Call NHS 111 and explain which country, if any, you have returned from in the last 14 days and outline your symptoms. Whilst awaiting medical attention, please avoid touching people, surfaces and objects and adhere to the guidelines outlined below under ‘preventing the spread of infection’.
Therefore, employees are not permitted to visit our offices or those of customers or suppliers and vice versa if they:
- Have met the definition of contact with a case OR satisfy the epidemiological and clinical criteria as defined by Public Health England
- suffer from an acute respiratory disease
- have been suffering from cough, flue, fever or breathlessness within the last 14 days
Public Health England recommends the following precautions are taken to help prevent people from catching and spreading COVID-19. We respectfully request that you follow these guidelines whilst attending our offices or events:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water and use alcohol-based sanitisers. This is particularly important after travelling on public transport.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough or sneeze.
- Do not sneeze into your hands.
- Dispose of tissues straightaway and wash your hands with soap and water.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
MAC Solutions maintains a flexible attitude to home working and is reinforcing this approach during this period. Employees have the ability to conduct sales presentations, technical support, webinars and discussions remotely. During this time this is our preferred approach versus face to face interactions.
Thank you for your support in adhering to the above.
This is a Quick registration Module. Please register to get access to downloads and product specific documents.