Degree Apprenticeship In Digital and Technology Solutions in partnership with the Manchester Metropolitan University
What is this programme ? This is a full time position working within our Technical Services Team whilst studying towards a degree. The degree is a work based programme designed to provide essential knowledge, understanding and skills required to operate effectively and successfully in a technical support role. It allows you to combine workplace learning opportunities with theoretical knowledge gained through formal classes. The programme offers a highly practical approach to learning that is immediately applicable to workplace situations.
Who are we looking for? We are looking for a talented individual with a passion for technology & sales within the Industrial IT market. The individual must be highly motivated, hard working and looking for a long term career at M.A.C. Solutions. We have had previous candidates develop at a fast pace, not only within their Degree studies, but also in their technical positions within the company, and are now graduating university, well positioned to step into senior positions. The qualities they possess include training others, delivering consultancy to customers, being an escalation to more junior members of the team and much more. The right candidate must be driven to succeed within the business.
How does it work ? You will join us prior to the start of your degree to become familiar with the way we work. On commencement of the course, you will spend approximately 33 day at University during the academic year, with additional study on the job and an element of personal study. The remainder of your time will be spent working in our offices in Chesterfield, Derbyshire.
M.A.C. Solutions Founded in 1996, we are a Technical Distributor for hardware and software products to enable operators in the transportation, surveillance, infrastructure and automation industries to connect and manage distributed assets. We are now seeking individuals who can join our post sales Technical Services Team whilst studying towards a degree in Digital & Technology Solutions.
You’ll follow a structured curriculum set by the Manchester Metropolitan University spanning a period of four years. During the course you will spend 33 days per year at the University with the remainder of your working time forming part of our Technical Services Team.
What role would you be applying for with M.A.C. ?
The role which we are currently looking to fill is that of a Support Engineer. The role will be predominantly office-based, however occasional travel to customers’ sites in the UK and Ireland may be required. Flexibility on working times is necessary, within our shift pattern and to satisfy customers’ needs. The purpose of this role is:
- providing first-class technical support to customers on a wide range of industrial software, hardware and associated products
- handling incoming customer problems relating to the implementation and application of the software
- logging requests in the call tracking system
- seeking to resolve customer problems effectively and efficiently
- providing an element of training and consultancy to customers
- working with the software developments Team in the introduction and maintenance of support procedures, including the escalation of issues in accordance with Company policy
- to be a trusted advisor for the products allocated, including certification on products where applicable
- staying up-to-date with the development of new products and operating systems
- identifying opportunities to improve the efficiency of the team and the service it provides to customers
What are the entry requirements?
- A Levels or Equivalent, with Level 2 Maths & English
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Keen to develop a good understanding of the general IT landscape
- Self motivated but a good team player
- Inquisitive personality
Why should you join M.A.C. Solutions?
Our success has been based on our strong values of customer satisfaction, leadership, knowledge and people & teams. Based in our Software Development Centre in Chesterfield, our employees are our greatest asset and our success is founded on their knowledge and competence.
We are a growing company, staffed with bright, energetic people who believe passionately in what they are doing. We look for and hire the best talent in all areas of our business and recruit people who strive to do and be the best, and who really want to make M.A.C. Solutions even more successful than it is today.
If you have a keen interest in Software Development, we can provide a fantastic opportunity to be trained in all aspects of this pathway.
What benefits do we offer to employees?
As part of your pay, benefits and well-being package you can expect:
- 23 days holiday per year, increasing annually for first 7 years, plus all Bank Holidays
- 33 days University attendance
- Auto Enrolment pension scheme
- Free car parking
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Working to support Local Charities and Businesses
To apply for this apprenticeship, please send your CV and a cover letter to:
This is a Quick registration Module. Please register to get access to downloads and product specific documents.